Pre-congress course 4
BSGE Workshop on Surgical Video Production
Venue: Dynamic Earth
Room: Hutton Room
Registration fee: £100
Maximum number of delegates: 24
Mr Tom Aust- Arrowe Park Hospital
Mr Richard Keedwell- Royal Cornwall Hospital
Miss Donna Ghosh- Arrowe Park Hospital
We welcome delegates of the BSGE ASM to attend a fun, interactive and practical session on surgical video production.
Skill in surgical video editing is becoming increasingly important in gynaecology. In addition, Endometriosis Centres are required to submit an exemplar surgical video for laparoscopic excision of severe endometriosis each year.
A full-day workshop on video editing is primarily aimed at those wishing to begin producing videos of their surgery, with little or no experience of computerised video editing.
Requirements to Attend:
You will need to bring:
- A laptop (notebook) computer + charger
- A Surgical video in the following formats:
- For Mac: .avi or .mp4 format (for Mac)
- For PC: .avi or .mpeg-2
- An installed video editing package
- For Mac: iMovie
- For PC: Either Windows Movie Maker (if installed) OR Shotcut (an open source, free to download video editor, see link below)
- If delegates wish to use a different editing package, please discuss with the course faculty.
Video files can be converted easily using the following free utility:
The Shotcut video editing suite can be downloaded for free using the following link:
You will be able to contact a member of the faculty following registration if you have any difficulty converting video files or downloading software.
Delegates who are not able to bring either their own footage or computer, are welcome to attend to learn the theory behind video editing.
Who Should Attend?
- Endometriosis Centre gynaecologists/ nurses or trainees who wish to learn video editing skills required for endometriosis centre accreditation
- Trainees and consultants who wish to edit videos of their surgery for teaching and training
- Trainees and consultants who wish to edit surgical videos for presentation at national or international meetings or to enter video competition.
Early booking advised to secure your place. Preference may be given to those who are required to video edit for Endometriosis Centre accreditation.
Provisional programme can be downloaded here.