Guidelines for the TRAINEE video abstract submission + submission of video for RIGS programme
Abstracts are invited, from trainees of all levels, for the inaugural trainee video presentation during RIGS session at the BSGE ASM. It will be held on Friday, 11th May in Salisbury Suite. This will give trainees a platform to showcase their own surgical skills. We will be selecting the 4 best video abstracts showing either an interesting surgical case, a useful technique or just demonstrate that a trainee can perform a procedure well, and one that is appropriate for their level of training. Preference will be given to interesting and widely relevant videos to those attending the RIGs breakout group, rather than to those demonstrating more advanced laparoscopic procedures.
The four best videos will be selected during the RIGs Break-out session at the ASM. Each Presentation will be 5 minutes with 2 minutes of Questions.
RIGS programme can be downloaded by clicking here.
Authors must declare that they are the primary surgeon operating in the video and be able to present the video presentation.
The presenter will need to register for the meeting.
Authors must declare conflict of interest.
An award will be made to the trainee with the Best Video Presentation.
We require you to upload your surgical video at https://vimeo.com
- Join Vimeo using the Basic package, which is free.
- Ensure your video file is no larger than 500MB and less than 5 minutes duration
- Title the video ‘Presentation Title & Author Surname’
- Under Privacy – select ‘Access with Password’
- Under Password – use your ‘Surname’
- Under Manage Video – Select My Video
- Select the video you wish to submit
- Once uploaded select the ‘Send Icon’ on the top right side of video screen
- Copy and paste the URL for the video abstract template
- Include the Vimeo URL and your Password (Surname)
- Please limit the word count to 250 and use Microsoft Office 1997-2003 compatible format. The submitting author will be sent an email advising the receipt of the abstract. If such advice is not received within 5 working days, please contact Atia Khan at email@example.com to ensure that it has not gone astray. Please ensure that a correct and valid email address is sent as authors will be contacted by email regarding acceptance of their abstracts.
Abstract submission is now closed.
You will be notified whether your abstract is selected for trainee video presentation by 26th March.